Complaints make room for growth!
With 20% of clients leaving your salon yearly you need to know how to turn
a negative experience into a positive one! Knowing when clients are dissatisfied
and doing something about it before they tell all their friends is a great
way to customer satisfaction.
Complaints are a gift if you are willing to resolve the situation to enhance
the client’s dissatisfaction. Remember most clients don’t
complain to you, they will walk away, never to return but tell everyone
they know their personal experience with you.
Here are a few tips to redeem their trust
- Acknowledge their Disappointment- You need to be able to read the clients
face and body language when you sense disappointment. Ask them how they
feel about their new look or service and offer them the chance to express
- Repeat what they said- to ensure they know you heard them, repeat
their complaint and share some new insight or suggestions to help fix
- Show Appreciation- Acknowledge that you value them as a loyal client.
Say you’re sorry they are disappointed and create that safety net
to get them to respond with the second opportunity to let you redo the
service to give them what they want.
- Keep Your Promise- To fulfill their needs whether it has to be
something they need to come back for, honoring a gift receipt, or promising
not to repeat the mistake.
- Create Open Communication- Be a conscious listener… Hear
what they are saying and ask a lot of probing questions to create an environment
of faith and trust of being their personal stylist.
- Remember: Complaints make room for growth personally as well as professionally,
just take the critique and learn from it.
Source: Kathy Jager-educational solutions