Beauty College Financial Aid in Kansas City, Missouri
At House of Heavilin Beauty College, we understand that returning to school might feel like a huge undertaking – especially when you need to find a way to pay for it. That’s why we offer financial aid options for students who qualify. Take a look at the resources available on our website, or contact our Admissions team at 816-229-9000, ext 3 to learn more about your financial aid options.
House of Heavilin Beauty Colleges of Blue Springs Inc. (3 schools) is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS).
To apply for your Pell eligibility and Direct Student Loans, you must complete the FAFSA at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
Please do not wait until your application is accepted by the Department of Education to visit House of Heavilin Beauty Colleges. We can often assist you through the questions about your financial aid by meeting with an Admissions Advisor.
You will need a high school diploma or GED. If you received a homeschool diploma, you will need the Missouri State Board of Cosmetology to approve your transcript prior to applying for your initial state license. If you have specific questions, please contact our Admissions team at 816-229-9000, ext. 3.
After applying for a Federal Direct Student Loan, it is mandatory that you complete Entrance and Exit counseling at the Federal Loan Student Servicing web site
Financial Aid Resources
Financial Aid Is Available To Those Who Qualify…..Follow these easy steps to get started!
Step 1 – Get Your Federal Student Aid ID
- Go online to https://fsaid.ed.gov to apply for your Federal Student Aid ID which can be used each year to electronically apply for federal student aid and to access your federal student aid records online.
- If you are a *dependent student, your parent will also need to create a Federal Student Aid ID to complete the Financial Aid Application (FAFSA)
- Your Federal Student Aid ID can be used immediately
Step 2 – Get Organized
- You may need your Federal and State tax return. In most cases, the FAFSA can link to the IRS website to transfer this data
- If you are a *dependent student you will need your parents Federal and State tax return
Step 3 – Filling Out a FAFSA Application
- Fill out your FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Choose the school code of the campus you wish to attend
~ Blue Springs Campus School Code #014819
~ Raymore Campus School Code #031109
~ Kansas City Campus (located off Troost) School Code #009607
- Sign Electronically
Please contact us at 816.229.9000 x 3 immediately after submitting your FAFSA to schedule an appointment with a Financial Aid Advisor
*If you can answer yes to any of the following questions you are NOT considered Dependent:
- Are you 24 years of age or older?
- Are you married?
- Do you have children that receive more than half of their support from you?
- Do you support anyone other than your children?
- Are you currently serving on active duty with the US Armed Forces?
- Are you a veteran?
- Are you an emancipated minor?
- Are you in foster care or a ward of the court?
- Are you homeless or at risk of being homeless?